The Elizabeth Fry Society of Edmonton is looking for a part-time Program Facilitator for its Edmonton Attendance Center Anger Management and Addictions Programs. The program runs on the weekend, with up to 21 hours of facilitation per week.
The Elizabeth Fry Society Edmonton Attendance Center Programs are Addictions and Anger Management Programs for those with involvement in the criminal justice system. These programs are focused on facilitating a deeper understanding of the nature of anger and addiction, with a view to advancing an individual’s ability to manage these challenges effectively, and build increasingly positive relationships with themselves, their friends and families, and their community. These programs will address the realities that participants face in their daily lives and provide the skills and knowledge needed to make healthy life choices, thereby preventing future involvement in the criminal legal system.
- Program Content and Delivery
- Statistical Records
- Program Assessment and Evaluation
- Responsible for the organization and facilitation of Edmonton Attendance Center Anger Management and Addictions Programs
- Actively participate as an Attendance Center team member with other facilitators and the Elizabeth Fry Edmonton Attendance Center Manager
- Complete intake of participants
- Develop, update and administer assessments and evaluations of participants
- Provide information and referrals to participants as needed
- Maintain and submit statistics and time sheets to the Elizabeth Fry Edmonton Attendance Center Programs Manager
- Work within the program budget
- Develop and maintain curricula, resources and materials
- Prepare information for program changes or expansion
- Develop and deliver program improvements as necessary
- Maintain the Elizabeth Fry Society Edmonton Attendance Center classrooms to a standard conducive to learning
- Degree or Diploma in a related field an asset
- Experience in group facilitation
- Experience in working with the criminal justice system an asset
- Awareness and understanding of the TRC Calls to Action an asset
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Must be culturally aware and sensitive to working with diverse cultures
- Must be non-judgmental, empathetic, and sincere
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Integrity and reliability
- Access to reliable transportation to the Edmonton Attendance Center
- Ability to satisfy a police security check
- Ability to satisfy a Vulnerable Sectors Record Check
- Flexibility in working hours (will require evenings and weekends)
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Kristina Nguyen at Program_Manager@efryedmonton.ab.ca with the subject line EAC FACILITATOR. We thank all applicants for your interest but will only be reaching out to those chosen for interview.
At the Elizabeth Fry Society of Edmonton, we are often looking for volunteers. Read the position description below:
Volunteers are a vital component of the Society. They make invaluable service contributions to our Board of Directors, staff and all Elizabeth Fry Society of Edmonton programs such as:
- Hand in Hand Program Program - connecting women from federal institutes and our housing program to the community, and offering compassionate listening skills as women talk about their past experiences and present needs
- Court Assistance for Female Youth (CAFFY) - Mentoring young girls and women throughout their involvement with the criminal justice system
- Assisting with Fundraising or special events
- Court Work - liaising with duty counsel, explaining charges and giving out community/legal resources, as well as providing emotional support to those making their way through the court system
- Clothing Room - Maintaining and organizing our clothing boutique while our clients are accessing it
- Reception - Answering phones at our main office and directing calls to the correct staff member or agency
How to apply:
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Tamara Chomyc at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your resume, a professional reference (email address preferred), and if you have interest in volunteering with a specific program.