At the Elizabeth Fry Society of Edmonton, we are often looking for volunteers. Read the position description below:
Volunteers are a vital component of the Society. They make invaluable service contributions to our Board of Directors, staff and all Elizabeth Fry Society of Edmonton programs such as:
- Hand in Hand Program Program - connecting women from federal institutes and our housing program to the community, and offering compassionate listening skills as women talk about their past experiences and present needs
- Court Assistance for Female Youth (CAFFY) - Mentoring young girls and women throughout their involvement with the criminal justice system
- Assisting with Fundraising or special events
- Court Work - liaising with duty counsel, explaining charges and giving out community/legal resources, as well as providing emotional support to those making their way through the court system
- Clothing Room - Maintaining and organizing our clothing boutique while our clients are accessing it
- Reception - Answering phones at our main office and directing calls to the correct staff member or agency
How to apply:
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Tamara Chomyc at email@example.com and include your resume, a professional reference (email address preferred), and if you have interest in volunteering with a specific program.
There are currently no available positions at Efry. Check back soon!